Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Nice work, keep the pictures coming. I love it when someone photo documents ever mod on their truck and shares the pictures.

For the engine supports, are you going to finish welding around them, or are they strong enough just tack welded like that?

I need to get a bigger tube bender. Just think of all the things I could make....
    Zach

I will definately keep the photos coming.

I will weld them fully when i know for sure its all where i want it and its all right. i hate welding stuff only to find out that i want to change something.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    I will definately keep the photos coming.

I will weld them fully when i know for sure its all where i want it and its all right. i hate welding stuff only to find out that i want to change something.
    Ryan
    Proof positive, todays progress was to cut the stands off and move the engine over an 1/8th of an inch. Turns out the bolt holes i was using to measure from on the block were not symetrical as i supposed they were.

All is well now and the engine is centered. tomorrow is firewood cutting day, so doubtfull anything will happen till thursday
    Ryan

no M715 progress, but the wood pile did grow 2 more cord.

i got these dandy units from my buddy

cooler dated 1968. perfect vintage for the truck

and a mostly watertight ammo can/chest

Nice truck. You sound like you are having fun. I am impressed with your talent. I am completely ashamed of what I have done to mine

thanks! no reason to be ashamed, eveyone starts somewhere and has to learn. I work in an offroad/custom fab shop, so i get paid to practice. not to mention i have tools at my disposal that most people probably dont.
    Ryan

some progress after what seems like months of doing nothing to the 715.
    Been busy helping drew with his f-150, and his step son with his derby car. i also have been fighting with the idea of using a smal block instead of the BBC. i think that is the route i am headed, and eventually the big block will happen as everything i built was mocked with a big block. I also have a line on a NV4500 and i think i am going to get it this coming friday. i would have built my tranny crossmembers but i didn't want to make them for a 465 only to replace it a week later.

showing some fitment of stuff

as anyone who has done any welding/fab can tell you fitment is what makes is happen

the begining of the engine stand gussets

all boxed in

a few more coming

primer. forgot to shoot the post weld pics

paint

int the truck

holding a SBC

plenty of room for a mech. fan now. lookes like there will be at least 2.5 inches between the clutch and the rad.

there are a few spots on the gussets where i could have spent a little more time with the grinder and made them look better, but it was hot, and i was ready to get that grinder out of my hands. so it is what it is
    Ryan