Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Default found one

Finally found a truck close(ish) to home and in the budget range. best thing is that it is asthetically perfect (for me). going to pick it up later this week. i am pretty excited about it
    teaser pic untill i get the truck

ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; May 21st, 2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Looks pretty straight from the pic-thats great

Congrat's, it looks like it has the original paint on it, no guess work on the micky body work fix's somebody made. What you see is what you get. Very cool!, Rip and Grind !

That looks awfully similar to the truck located near Windsor, CO I mentioned to you a while ago. If it's motor-less and has signs of a previous drive train modification (like cut cargo box for a drive line), and a box full of fender parts and troop seat pieces, then that is the truck. I was over on the busy side of CO a few years ago and stopped to see that truck. The owner got all bent out of shape when I made him an offer after sharing my assessment with him. Maybe I softened him up a bit for you ryanroo.

When you had previously mentioned your modification intensions for a M715, that's the truck that immediately came to my mind. If that is the truck I'm thinking about, congratulations on your purchase. Other than a few dings and some minor holes drilled into the cargo box, that truck was pretty nice, as it didn't have any rust problems.

I really like it. Congrats.

That's awesome, seems there are a few newer members picking up trucks and starting repair, rebuilds. I think it's great, seems like it's been awhile since the Zone has seen this many new people. Keep up the picture taking and all and any mods you decide to do. I love pictures.

Great find, Ryanroo! More pics when you get 'em!

Congrats.....
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    That looks awfully similar to the truck located near Windsor, CO I mentioned to you a while ago. If it's motor-less and has signs of a previous drive train modification (like cut cargo box for a drive line), and a box full of fender parts and troop seat pieces, then that is the truck. I was over on the busy side of CO a few years ago and stopped to see that truck. The owner got all bent out of shape when I made him an offer after sharing my assessment with him. Maybe I softened him up a bit for you ryanroo.

When you had previously mentioned your modification intensions for a M715, that's the truck that immediately came to my mind. If that is the truck I'm thinking about, congratulations on your purchase. Other than a few dings and some minor holes drilled into the cargo box, that truck was pretty nice, as it didn't have any rust problems.
    i think its the same one. no engine, and i will have to repair the cargo box... oh well

he mentioned that he was from michigan. you are right, its about perfect for what i want to do. not all original, but still has that appearance.
    its in the driveway now, and that was a long day. bayfield to loveland and back to bayfield. i am pooped and i have to get up for work in the morning, so i will have some more pics later. but, markness already knows what it looks like, so it won't be as cool for him

i also found another M715 on the way today that might require further investigation

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    That's awesome, seems there are a few newer members picking up trucks and starting repair, rebuilds. I think it's great, seems like it's been awhile since the Zone has seen this many new people. Keep up the picture taking and all and any mods you decide to do. I love pictures.
    I was thinking about this today, being one of the newbies.

My thought (as I commuted to work in my wife's Prius) was that I'd bet a lot of guys are selling their old trucks they they can no longer afford to keep fueled. Economic downturns usually lead to disposal of toys first, with old cars and boats on the top of the list.

Guys like me are getting better then average deals. We are looking at them as pure toys, or a new hobby, so we are not a concerned with the fuel cost (yet). Last year at this time the average Ebay price was about 5K unless it was total junk. This year, it was very much lower when I started looking again.

The lower buy in price was enough to get me to make the jump.

Zach

I don't drive mine enough that fuel prices make a difference. If it were a daily driver, sure. But it's just a parade- and occasional-use vehicle, so I'd be shocked if I put 1,000 miles on it in a year.
    -- Tim Taylor