Thread: Hole in the foot well cab wall

Blog Entries

Default Hole in the foot well cab wall

Our trucks have a rectangular hole in the foot well at the very bottom near the floor.

- What the hell is is for
    - Do the civi models have it
    - If so what do they use to plug it?
    - where can I find one

Thanks!!!!

I always thought it was to get at the back of the hinge mounting area. I have done enough door on and off operations with my Roadster doors to learn to appreciate that little hole. Dropped bolts are not lost to just rattle forever.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I always thought it was to get at the back of the hinge mounting area. I have done enough door on and off operations with my Roadster doors to learn to appreciate that little hole. Dropped bolts are not lost to just rattle forever.
    I thought the same. But then wouldnt the civi models have them. And if so how are they plugged?

True. I don’t know.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Civilian models do have them. They are hidden behind a vinyl kick panel that covers that whole area. There are also air vents in that panel to let fresh air into the cab on the civilian models.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Civilian models do have them. They are hidden behind a vinyl kick panel that covers that whole area. There are also air vents in that panel to let fresh air into the cab on the civilian models.
    That is the genesis of my question. The airvent has its own Box and drain to the outside. There appears to be no connection between the cow drain Box with the air events and the section with the rectangular hole. I have a leak when it rains and I'm trying to determine if it's coming in from the vent that were installed or the rectangular hole. I can fix the vents with some windshield sealant. But for that rectangular hole I need some kind of plug...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Every wagoneer (at least the early ones) and J truck have them. Barrman mention the best feature of them. Those kick panel civi vents I sent you are supposed to have a semi sticky seal or gasket behind them. Also there is a right and left. You can tell by the door action plus the up side of the vent body itself have a hood or it sticks further back into the air box than the bottom. This is to shed rain water. And if your M truck, wagoneer or J truck is leaking, well it is functioning as normal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Every wagoneer (at least the early ones) and J truck have them. Barrman mention the best feature of them. Those kick panel civi vents I sent you are supposed to have a semi sticky seal or gasket behind them. Also there is a right and left. You can tell by the door action plus the up side of the vent body itself have a hood or it sticks further back into the air box than the bottom. This is to shed rain water. And if your M truck, wagoneer or J truck is leaking, well it is functioning as normal.
    So is there a plug for those holes?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

No

I thought that is where the factory installed the rust...

Like Barrman mentioned, I think it was to allow you to remove a bolt if it got dropped during the door installation (which I have done). Although I doubt mid-sixties Jeep quality would really care, it seems like something important for the factory.