Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reposting of stock exhaust photos

Ok Jeepdan - its been 10 months... Are you going to post pictures of those hangers?

I am to the point of figuring out how all these exhaust parts go together, and I am not sure about how the hangers are oriented. The manuals aren't great (surprise) so I am hoping someone can post how this is done on a stock truck.

The manuals show the hangers but I can't determine if I am looking at it from the front or back, and when I try this on my truck the hangers end up really close to the frame.

Jeepdan - I also noticed that you have the bracket at the tailpipe flipped compared to the manual. Is that what you had to do to get everything to line up and not bash into anything?

Thanks!

Ten months? Wow, where has time went to

Notice that the lower cable eyes have bolts in them instead of the pins.
    I didn't have the pins during assembly.
    I do now, ( a kind member here, gifted a few to me) but haven't retrofitted them yet. " Out of sight, out of mind" I guess.

I won't say that these photos accurately depict a stock truck as assembled in Toledo years ago, but it is the only way that I could make my parts fit together.

Here is how the rear cable is hung.

front strap cable (couldn't get it to work on the outside near frame rail, as depicted in the manual)

As for the rear bracket, that is the only way that I could get it to work on my truck.
    Not sure if my tail pipe was made wrong length, or that the illustrator drew it incorrectly in the manual.

I remember doing a lot of "head scratching" and cussing fitting my exhaust together. LOL
    Heck, I had the intermediate pipe in and out a few times trying to figure out which was the front and rear end of the darn thing.

Maybe Dave "Beast" can chime in on the manual illustrations.
    Last edited by jeepdan; October 16th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Awesome JeepDan! Thank you very much! I did the same thing with the intermediate pipe - it is now marked with an arrow so I only have to go through that once.

Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    Perfect, another member here is sourcing one of those clips for me.
    https://walcks4wd.com/wiring-harness...up_p_2128.html $2.50 each

Nice job. I need the rubber strap at end of exhaust pipe. Do you have manufacture and parts number?

Nice job, I need the rubber support at end of exhaust pipe. Do you have manufacture and part number?

Quote Originally Posted by ch47fly View Post
    Nice job, I need the rubber support at end of exhaust pipe. Do you have manufacture and part number?
    You can find the part number in the parts manual (top of page).
    I'm pretty sure that I bought that rubber strap from Vintage Power Wagons at the time that I bought the tail pipe from them.

I made a version of the rubber hanger by grabbing a piece of old truck tire cap from along side the road and cutting it to shape. However, that turned into a huge mess as I think whatever adhesive they use to glue the cap onto the tire carcass turned into a never-drying, sticky, tar-like goop that ended up EVERYWHERE. So, my next ideas are:
    1. Find a section of tire along side the road that isn't a cap.
    2. Stop being such a cheap a$$ and buy this thing off amazon:

3. Stop being such a cheap a$$ and do like Jeepdan said and try one of the usual vendors.