Thread: Why are we cursed

Can anyone tell me why these trucks are cursed with this goofy lug pattern? I could understand if a previously existing military wheel used this style but I don't think one does. An old jeep mechanic once told me that jeep engineers were easy to spot because they wore their underwear on the outside.

I wondered that for the longest time, until I bought my 67 Jeep tow truck and discovered it had the same pattern. The first Jeep to use that pattern was actually the 1 ton dually Forward Control Jeeps from the 50's. I think it was used on some other makes even before that, but was never really common. It was carried over to the dually J-trucks that were introduced in 63 (ish). I guess it was only natural to carry it over to the 715 since it used the same rear end as the duallys. The rims are nearly identical to the 715, but have more backspacing so they could be installed in the dually configuration. Now that you know, it's no less painful, is it?
    Tony Casey
    BULLGEARInc.com

No, and no easier to fix. Cool wrecker by the way.

we aint cursed, just special and all the others are wierd and off the wall.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Default finaly got my truck running right

its not are fault that we have good taste in trucks

I think it has to do with the 1-1/4 ton off and 1-1/2 ton on road capability. Take a look back at the stake body 1-1/2 ton trucks and you'll even find adapters going from 8 lug to this big 6 lug. It's not really retarded or different, just engineered and calculated for the loads. That's my take.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Dang , Ya'll had to take the wayback machine to find this one.

Hey Dave, check the wheel interchange index to the left. That will give you a idea of all the different trucks that shared the pattern.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.