Thread: The army truck saga

Default The army truck saga

For the long time members here this truck/build is old news but if you are interested in the first iteration look up the thread titled 'found one' in general discussion.

Anyhow, i haven't been on the boards in a while but I'm finally doing some updates to my m715 and was reminded of the zone and that should be doing a thread here.

Shameless plug here, i update on ig pretty regularly so if you are on the gram feel free to follow there @whtrhno

History:
    67 m715 i picked up in 08
    Gm one tons, 454 nv4500, 205. I rebuilt the front suspension to use squarebody springs, added hydro assist power steering, cage, etc.

The trans and tcase got robbed for one of my 72 chevy projects after the jeep got mothballed for a really worn out engine.

I am at the beginning of a refit for this jeep, keeping mostly in line with my ultimate goals from back when.

The current build will be focusing on the rear suspension, powertrain and cage.

As it was built the jeep worked great but always needed rear suspension work. I also realized that for what i do and how i use it, i never needed OD and would really prefer an auto.

Current build is swapping 63" springs in the rear, redoing the tube work and putting a 427 roller cam bbc in it that i built a few years ago and ran in a different truck. The engine didn't fit the truck but i think it'll be fun in the jeep! I have a th400 for it that's getting matched to a NWF eco box doubler and 205.
    Hopefully i can upgrade the front suspension and some other things that could be upgraded as well, but those are the big things right now.

Oh and a personal victory for me, 39.5/18 interco boggers on beadlocks. I always wanted a 715 on boggers!

A few pics to start

Sorry these are sideways I'll work on figuring out what to do posting from a phone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryanroo; October 4th, 2020 at 03:40 PM.
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Well super! Another old member back! Funny I selected a picture and turned the laptop sideways to see it. The wife says from across the room... Are you looking at a centerfold? Why yes I am. I showed her and we laughed. The truck looks great. Boggers are amazing. Post up when you can.