Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap

Default Radiator, coolers installed

Buttoned up the plumbing today by completing radiator, steering, and transmission coolers.steering column going in, and will be fabricating shifter. Also need to get the heater, engine computer, and wiring placed under the dash.

Link to photos...Fabrication update. https://imgur.com/gallery/N41GNhB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DocKill; August 29th, 2021 at 08:42 AM.

Looking great!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Default Bumper work

Beginning to get the bumper ideas together. Pics below!

Imgur link if you cant see pics...https://imgur.com/UOMIvfv

Default Refining my bumper ideas!

Getting closer. Plan to powder coat or use Bedliner on these, but I'll install taillights first. Nice to see the hood back on!
    Imgur link....http://imgur.com/a/EvrZAeV

Default Near Completion!

Near completion Update!

Ordered Tires and Wheels yesterday! ECU tuning next week, and a few incidentals and I can declare it finished (for now).

That looks very solid and ready for anything...as soon as the new tires are on of course...NICE WORK!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Many thanks! Lots of great inspiration and help through the forums!

Its the builds like yours that inspire others to do such things...especially with the pics and tech info...superb!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default Final Product!

Hi all,
    Thanks to this amazing group of folks, their ideas and willingness to share, and knowledge and solutions, I present BURT...Big Ugly Red truck. This project has taken a little over a year, starting with a 1968 near stock vehicle.
    During this project I have converted over to F-350 axles, four-wheel disc brakes, power steering and brakes, a 6.8 l V10 in mostly stock configuration, backed by a 5-speed overdrive transmission and transfer case. The front hubs are manual. I've lifted the truck about 8 in and installed 17 inch black rhino Wheels with 40 inch Mickey Thompson MTZ tires. I'm excited to share a few pictures of the final product.

Default Final Product (2)

A few more pictures.