Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I'm glad to see folks getting some of the remaining trucks out of the scrap heaps and saving them from total destruction. They aren't making any more 715's, so we need to keep the remainder alive!

Oh, and Vacca, you will find, as I am sure most have, that once you search long and hard, and then buy your truck, a cheaper and closer one to home will come up for sale... Of course then you will be shopping for the deuce, and the trailer, and the........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    Last year at this time the average Ebay price was about 5K unless it was total junk. This year, it was very much lower when I started looking again.
    I assumed the average price finally got up around $3K last year. Your number sounds too high. However, these trucks have appeared to be abundant in the "for sale" ads over the past few years, which would certainly drive the price down. The fire houses must have finally exhausted all the pumps and decided they'd ditch the whole truck.

I'll never tire of seeing photos ryanroo. Besides, it's been a long time since I saw that truck. Let me know if you're getting rid of any stock parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    I assumed the average price finally got up around $3K last year. Your number sounds too high. However, these trucks have appeared to be abundant in the "for sale" ads over the past few years, which would certainly drive the price down. The fire houses must have finally exhausted all the pumps and decided they'd ditch the whole truck.

I'll never tire of seeing photos ryanroo. Besides, it's been a long time since I saw that truck. Let me know if you're getting rid of any stock parts.
    Ebay prices tend to be inflated to "East Coast Premium" prices.
    Same thing or other rust prone vehicles. Us east coasters, who have to deal with salted roads which will rot out an ungalvanized car in two seasons, pay through the nose for older non-rotted cars. We restore "solid" cars that west coasters and midlanders would consider marginal parts cars.

Also, a lot of these old collectors vehicles are being bought up by overseas buyers taking advantage of the weak dollar.

Better deals can usually be found in local papers, boards like this one, or Craigs List, as it won't show the east coast premium pricing.

Zach

some new pics. i made it through the day on 2.5 hours of sleep, and that is a miracle

]

some of the ugly farm bob-ery

who knows what these brackets are for?
    Last edited by ryanroo; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

a few of the spare parts i collected before i had the truck

i scored a set of nice inner fenders to replace the hacked ones in the truck. also the truck came with a set of cargo bed troop bows (just the metal) for a duece, will they work with the 715 outside of the incorrect seat height?
    Ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:48 PM.

It's a good thing you went and got that truck yesterday. After today, it might have been tornado debris before you got to it. They have such odd weather over there on the busy side.

Dude! Nice pull.

That truck looks really solid. What a great foundation to start a restoration with.

Zach

Default Forestry trucks.

The Forestry here in Arkansas, has very few M715's in service. The way it works here is, Forestry gets surplus government vehicles and keeps them at a yard. Vol. Fire depts. can go up there and pick out a victim. Once they get it , you have a year to repaint it to a fire service color, they have to have certain "Markings" and emergency equipment, but you can do most anything you want with them. They come-out and inspect them sometimes. When your done with it, you turn it back in. Last year I was up there , he had one on the lot and just a couple still in the field, about the same with M37's. It looked like he had 75 M1008's, maybe 20 M1009's, bunches of M35 types. It is pretty cool, we went up there with some tools and Jumper cables and found a M1008 in great mechanical condition. In one month we had it in service.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    It's a good thing you went and got that truck yesterday. After today, it might have been tornado debris before you got to it. They have such odd weather over there on the busy side.
    yeah, NPR was reporting on that all day. i was driving through there not 18 hours before it hit. glad i didn't wait to go till tomorrow like a planned. the top might have been shredded
    Ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; May 22nd, 2008 at 09:58 PM.