Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: found one

it is still in line. i want to get a parking brake set up sometime, and i have been tinkering with the TBI trying to get rid of a cold weather related stumble. we have been under the gun at work since early september and i just havent had much time to spend on the truck. i snuck in the gas tank and steering since i was able to do most of that work in my driveway, but i will need to borrow my bosses shop for at least a weekend to do the springs. since we are piled up with stainless at work there hasnt been room in the shop for more than a day or two at a time lately.

i am still hoping to get it accomplished before the spring melt opens all the trails. we have at least one more big dryer to do and rumor of another. and the boss is supposed to go to Chile after the first of the year, and that very well may turn into another dryer. so the forecast is weak for extended jeep time. nonetheless i am going to do some shopping after the holiday and get some more parts on the way so as to hopefully motivate me to find time to do the swap. good news is that we are getting a new 3D modeling program at work, an hopefully i will be able to play with it a little and make some cool parts when the swap comes due.

how was that for way more answer than you wanted?
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

thanks for the info

Ryan,
    This may have already been answered in your 36 pages here, but how have you liked the 40054 springs as far as ride/flex/anti-wrap? Would you use the same ones if you were to do it again?

Thanks -

Ben

Where have you been? Looking for an update on the truck and some more pictures of your amazing fab skills? How has the TBI been working?

How well documented has this build been. The photos are unreal. They tell the whole story and appreciated very much. It proves, a picture is worth a thousand words.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Holy cow. I just went back through this thread. What a walk down memory lane.
    I still have the 715, but a lot has changed in the rest of life in the 10 years that have passed...

I recently moved back to Iowa with my wife(same one as before!) We have a 2 year old girl and a 1 year old boy now and twins currently being cooked! We left Colorado for a few reasons but hopefully will be back in the west once the kids are a little older and gma and gpa are retired.

The 715 was a champ for years, playing on trails here and there and being the coolest cruiser all summer. The 454 in it finally got used up and the efi couldn't keep it running unless it had warned all the way up. That was probably 3 years ago. It got beached and sat in waiting. I've been in Iowa now for a year, got our house mostly remodeled and caught up on my side business work while holding down a job running a mfg plant fab/weld shop in town. I recently got the jeep in the shop to finally do some updates!

I'll start another thread since this epic is best left as it is, a presentation of the past.
    Feels good to be back on the zone!
    Ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; October 4th, 2020 at 12:42 PM.
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Nice glad you posted up over here. I couldn't believe it when I saw you on irate4x4 with your M715. Talk about a blast from the past. Glad to see you still have it.

Dang, I was wondering who dragged up an old thread and it’s Roo!
    Great to hear from you! My twins are 17 now, let me know if you have any questions. Don’t be too much of a stranger- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun