Thread: Intermediate Propeller Shaft (jack shaft)

Default Intermediate Propeller Shaft (jack shaft)

Just for arguments sake, just how short can the intermediate shaft be between the T98 and transfer case? ....And still be able to get your mitts in there to get the ujoints together. ....And not cause issues with slight misalignment or any movement between the two? Could you squeeze out 2"? 3"?
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

I can measure the one we built for Sermis in my class. It has been a few years but I think stock is around 7 inches and we took it down less than 5 inches.

The recess in the cab won’t let the transfer case go back beyond a certain point without the brake band hitting the floor. That is why we shortened it.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

When I did my 350 swap, I left the xfer and tranny in the stock locations. I have an overdrive box in front of the trans, so the motor is pushed way forward. Not enough space between the motor and radiator for a fan, so I used a pusher fan in front of the rad. Made it a trick getting radiator hoses to work.

I am just running a stock radiator (with the outlet moved to come out the bottom of the tank). I am thinking about going with a full width radiator (FSJ V8 conversion), and want to try and get the motor pushed back a little to have some working room and make the hoses easier.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.