Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12v electrical help for those who have a SBC

I made a page where I converted from the Spartan style to the solid state style...it didnt require removing any wires but a few were not used anymore...that page would give you what wires were changed and what went where originally.

I also took the whole wire harness apart and documented where each wire originated and where it went. With that you should be able to figure out where the wires that are no longer on the solid state harness originally where and thereby reintroduce them to the system in order to have the original style turn signal harness.

We also have the complete wiring diagram, made and given to us by a very generous member RBoltz, that is better than anything Jeep every did and covers the early turn signal setup AND another that covers the late style.

Turn signal conversion page is here:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?...signal_convert

Wire harness detail is here:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=early_harness

Wiring Diagram for early style turn signals:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...ck_distbox.pdf

Wiring diagram for late style turn signals:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...solidstate.pdf

Besides the specific wires from the Spartan turn signal switch to the distribution box, there are only a couple wires you need to do anything with...start with the turn signal convert page...I documented the few wires that had any changes at all...those and the ones from the turn signal switch to dist box are all you need to play with...

Shouldnt be too hard really...I hope...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

brute4c, Thanks for those links! I have everything I need to do the spartan box guts exchange and that doesn't look to difficult. The harness we have has good readable numbers so I cant see it being a wild goose chase on finding what wire is what.

I'll report all this to my dad and see what he thinks. It's ultimately his truck, I'm just helping him get it together and learning old vehicle tech. Working on this truck is wayyyy different than my CJ-7 project I have going on as well. Either way, I'm learning new stuff!

Default Led bulbs

I went to a 12 volt system and replaced all bulbs with the new LEDs that have come out. Got the head lights in the LED mode also. If u ever want to go back to the 24 volt system , the bulbs are rated for 24 volt range.

I know its been awhile since the last update. It turns out we have all the right components except for the turn signal lever. My dad is going to order that and move on. He likes the older look but we will keep the old stuff just to keep around.

As far as the engine wiring, we are moving along with it. It has been hot and humid and that makes wiring more frustrating in my opinion. The information you all have given me has been great!