Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M-715 Rockwell build question

Default M-715 Rockwell build question

I'm going to put 2.5 ton rocks under my truck. When doing the rear axle whould it be better to move the leaf springs from the outboard to right under the frame rail? The most lift I need is to clear a set of 44"- 45" tractor tires on leaf springs with 2.5 ton rocks! My axles are in link below, the big caliper sticks inward alot.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\Rockwell Axles '57 Willys

Thank you.
    Brandon
    Last edited by wild5768; April 7th, 2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: My axle link

I have rockwells under my truck with 46" tires. All I had to do was a springover and shackle flip to clear. My spring pearches I used are also about an inch tall. If you go through my build thread there are some pictures and a link to my photobucket page with more pics.

Default Rockwell build

Thanks for the reply, the only problem I have on my spring over is my rear Rockwell axle. Look in my link of my rear axle, the calipers stick out and will hit the rear springs in the outboard position. I think they will need to be moved inward and mounted on the bottom of the frame rail. Do you know anyone who has done this? If so, what lift spring if any did they use for a 44"-46" tire?

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\Rockwell Axles '57 Willys

Thanks,
    Brandon

Brandon,
    Your picture link wont work because that is a location on your computer and none of us can get there...

Feel free to email them to me...
    brute4c@m715zone.com

How are you...been a while!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default not a link

i would like to see the pics because im thinking of going to rockwells also and would like to see how you did yours . and maybe i can help you as well but you need a link or put the pics here in your post .

Here are the pics he sent:

He asked this in this email:
    Do you know if these Dayton calipers are F-350 and what year they might be?

I have no clue.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I have done a few F350 brakes and those look like nothing I have ever seen on one. My guess would be some medium duty truck application. I like them though.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

GMC Kodiak or Top Kick trucks used the Dayton calipers. In the 2.5 to 5 ton range of trucks. Mid 90's and up.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Rockwell build

Thanks for the caliper info, I think I'll just send them to someone for a rebuild. You go to a local auto parts store with no info on the calipers and ask if they can tell you what they come off of, and they just look at you dumdfounded!

Brandon

with the stock drum brake and the stock leafs configuration you have a tight fit. Those calipers look like to be big so probably you will have to move the rear suspension inside or at least under the frame to give you extra spaces to work with.
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer