Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint Removal

Anyone know what a good price for a good paint blasting? Ballpark? Got a quote of $1800 for total body and frame. Seems high.

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    Anyone know what a good price for a good paint blasting? Ballpark? Got a quote of $1800 for total body and frame. Seems high.
    Ask for references for work they have done on cars or ask around the car clubs about them. A good media blaster will know how to strip the paint without warping any of the metal and creating a tin can effect on the sheet metal. I think I paid about $1000 back in 2004 when I had mine done, and the guy was a very respected in the hot rod restoration world for his work. And it showed as my stuff turned out flawless. Plus he worked with me on the order in which pieces were finished so that I could paint and assemble things in the order needed to put the truck back together.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Lead is a dangerous element and for it being in paint poses threat to human health. Not sure if the manufacturers of paint consider this things. Just handle with care, ensure gas masks on when dealing with it.

My last project was painted with CARC, everything I read about it pointed to a health hazard when sanded. I decided to scrape it off, man what a job, at least I know I wasn't exposed. Also heard that most MV's painted in CARC was stenciled and dated. Hoping to start on the 715 soon. Hambone