Thread: power brake booster for m715

Default power brake booster for m715

Hey all, the M715 that I own had been modified by a previous owner with a power brake booster, which has recently failed and I am in need of a replacement. I am not sure what vehicle it was originally made for and am having a hard time locating a replacement that would work. There is very little info on the unit (i.e. Pn's, etc). The one that was installed was selected I believe because it fits up to the original brake linkage, does not seem to have had to modify very much. Or I might just have to go with a different arrangement if I cannot find a like replacement (which is most likely). Any thoughts from the group would be appreciated!

Vacuum boosted or hydroboost?

A picture would be helpful. Maybe Jon could move this to the right forum. You will get more exposure there. And maybe an answer. Grab a pic if you can. That would be a great place to start.

I moved it out of the forum questions here to Open Discussion.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I would start looking for a booster from a 70's j-truck or wagoneer.

vacuum boost

I remember seeing threads on updated Wagoneer MCs, Corvette MCs, and Ford truck MCs and ones I've forgotten about. I would upload a quick picture of the master cylinder because I think someone here may recognize it.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

There was a seller on eBay that sold a hydraulic booster that I purchased for my M715. He even asked which side of the brake pedal your linkage attached to. He made them for different vehicles, but the M715 was one of them..... I don't currently see it on eBay, but found it here and this is the exact setup I went with...

https://www.bjsoffroad.com/M715-M725...ng_p_1879.html