Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another NP200 heat thread!

hey guys i have all timken part numbers for the bearings and races for the np200, if anyone wants them i can post them up. Only thing i need is the shims. . where do you get them at? i can't seem to find them anywhere??

An update on the cooling system, i have a pump and guage. i drilled the case for the temp sensor and im goign to get the fittings for the pump .

thanks kyle

We are always looking for part numbers!

4- Timken 2793
    4- timken 2720
    2-timken 3780
    2- timken 3720
    2 timken 307L
    70-needle roolers C196oQ
    30- needle rollers BCA-QBR-23549
    Shim packs are the same for the np200, 205 and 203 NPG-15128

Chicklin or TxRider (or others).... Have you tried the 50wt yet?

Nope, I ended up selling my M715 and getting an M37. Sorry, I didn't have a chance to check it out.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

Reviving this old thread, as I saw this on SS. I had never heard this reasonong for the NP200 heat:

Some more experience (research) over the last couple of years, I thought worth sharing. One of the major differences, between the NP200 and the NP201, is the primary cause for highway failure of the NP200, where the NP201 lasts. In 4wd both transfer cases turn a main drive shaft and an idler shaft. Two gear shafts turning generates MUCH higher temps than a single straight through gear shaft generates.

On the highway in 2wd the NP201 runs only one shaft, so highway speeds creates much lower operating temps than is generated if the idler shaft is turning. The NP200 runs the idler shaft whether in 4 or 2 wheel drive. That heat thins the gear lube frying the bearings and galling the gear contact surfaces.

So even running high ratio differentials, the NP201 easily survives that high speed operation...and 70mph with an NP200 may kill it in just a few miles.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...fer-case/page3
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Not sure if it works this way or not...

If one gets the adapter for the driveshaft to work on the drivers side output, where the drum brake is, thus allowing the shaft to hook up with the brake on the same output and make the 200 into a through drive case, the heat problem is still there. This doesnt make any noticeable difference to heat buildup though it does completely eliminate the whine these tcases have stock...my understanding is that one is stopping the noise of the idler shaft running when doing the conversion.

So why doesnt that stop the heat because now it seems that it is running the same setup as the np201?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

because the shaft is still turning, even though there is not a load on it. it may take longer for the transfer case to get hot, but eventually it will

the 201(I believe) completely disengages that shaft, VS the 200 in which it will always turn no matter what.

also the np 200 is straight cut gears not helical as in newer t-cases. why did you drill a hole for sender ? why didn't you just use the drain plug hole ? lastly try cornhead grease. it will help a little.

Thanks guys. I dont have a 200 anylonger, I just thought that was interesting
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15