Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: jeepdan's 67 M-715 restoration

Default jeepdan's 67 M-715 restoration

I'm going to start a restoration thread of my project, instead of talking about it on the "what did you do to your m-715 today" thread.

I have been on vacation for two weeks. So
    I was able to finish the rust repairs on the cab from the rat nests and sand blast it and the doors.
    The underside of the cab is now sporting it's new coat of semi-gloss green
    Here is a picture from today looking out the shop door. Quite busy, priming the cab and doors.
    Also in the back ground you can see how I'm propping up the bed so that I can sand blast and paint it with POR-15.
    That is an old M-100 frame hanging from the bed.

Nice floors on that cab. I have a Kubota tractor like yours, makes for moving and lifting this stuff alot easier.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Really nice job! Wish I was that far along.
    1969 M715

Nice pictures. Looks like you're doing things the right way. Keep the photos coming. Love to see this resto as it moves along
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    Nice floors on that cab. I have a Kubota tractor like yours, makes for moving and lifting this stuff alot easier.

Scott
    The floors were rusted enough to need repaired in each front corner of the cab in that floor seam. So I cut out and welded in new steel extending in about 8" from each kick panel.

At first, I didn't buy the loader with the tractor
    As soon as I paid down the loan on the tractor, I went back and had a loader put on. The dealer, and my friends were right "HANDIER THAN A HIP POCKET"

WOW, Looks great!! Keep the pictures coming!
    Thanks for all the help!

You said semi gloss green. What color are you using? Marine Corp Green?

You work looks great. What's under the tarp in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Troop ISP View Post
    You said semi gloss green. What color are you using? Marine Corp Green?

You work looks great. What's under the tarp in the background?
    Thanks,
    The paint is # 24087, the semi-gloss olive green that was primarily used on Army vehicles from 1955-57 through Vietnam.
    Under the tarp, is 1956 Willys truck that I bought for the extra sheet metal panels. I really need to dismantle it and put what's good indoors, and junk the bad.
    Yea, my back yard looks pretty redneck

Yesterday, I was able to sandblast about 3/4 of the cargo bed (top and underneath), and apply two brush coats of POR-15 to the underside.
    Here is a picture from this morning showing the tie coat primer on the underside right before I painted it with the olive green.
    At the bottom you can see where I welded in the 11" circle at the rear of the bed. I forgot to grind down the weld

Looks good and with the spare tire mounted up under the bed no one will ever see or notice the welds on the underside. So I would call it good to go!
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/