Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Post Extra part

I've had a few 205's apart and I still can't figure out where that Pabst part fits in??? Is that for all the extra needles that are left if you have too many. (Beers that is).

lubrication for the mind...

i'll just have to have a few when i put it back together everything goes back the same way
    Ryan

got everything cleaned up and put all the hard parts back in. should have seals/gaskets on monday or tuesday.

on to pictures

the dodge case that happily donated its 32 spline front output to the cause. now my case is 32 spline input/output/output. probably not neccesary, but it was free so why not. also snagged a 1410 rear yoke off the dodge case

all ready for seals/gaskets

i did a little massaging to the shift rails in hopes of having nice easy shifting.

i have some friends coming out from iowa for the weekend of my birthday so i got a free ride for my 454 shortblock. now i have to buy heads/cam/intake/etc. that will take a while to collect. hopefully the new plugs i ordered for the other M715 i am trying to get running will fix the problem(the old ones looked like dog poo). so i can get paid for that and put it towards engine parts

my AA spacer for the t-case should also arrive on monday so i can bolt it all in and cross my fingers that the underbelly structure clears the case with it further back than it was mocked up for
    ryan

another peice of the puzzle is in the shop now.

the boys from iowa came through

shiney pistons

ive had this engine since 05. this is the first time ive had the plastic off of it
    Ryan

finally a little work done on the old green turd

t-case installed

when i was prepared for a lomax

the first draft fit fine, but with the stock case and AA spacer, it just looked like it was wrong. kind of like it was designed for a different case or something

current

tried to make my brain come up with something cool, but this is all i could get. the space to work in was all wrong for cool stuff. i had 1000 ideas that would have been neater, but i would still be there working on it if i had done any of them

different view

I wish my "not cool" fab work looked that cool. Keep it up!!!!!

Looks great!
    -- Tim Taylor

this was more work for the crusty chev i bought, but its all for the kaiser in the end

this is what i left yesterday.

earlier today

engine is gone

found it

in the kaiser

very tight everywhere. i am glad i took the time to fit the firewall and everything very close when i built the crossmember. the engine is as far back as possible without major surgery, and it looks right at home there.

eventually this engine will get yanked and rebuilt/rodded. but for now it runs and that is good for the time being. it stinks that i don't have the money to do it now so it could go in all pretty and painted like all the rest of the driveline but oh well
    Ryan

dissasembly done

dead chevy parts are everywhere

set the core support back on the truck to see how bad the fan hit radiator. surprisingly it didn't, but it is very close. will be easy to make it work

Ryan

I love this! Keep the pics coming!
    -- Tim Taylor