Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Looking great Ryan.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

thanks for the kind words gentlemen

got the back tube in the belly pan thingy done, but i am cutting both cross tubes out tomorrow and trimming them a little because i am not completely happy with them. anyhow, here is a picture

ryan

got the x tubes installed today

the transfer case will hang down into the structure as planned, but still remain high enough to be protected by the skid plate

ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; August 17th, 2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling

since a lomax is expensive, and i get bored easily, i came up with something to do in the mean time.

Power Steering.

swapped in this sweety today

found the box in a bucket of scrap. no clue where it came from, but it fits great

the stock steering shaft would not fit due to length/spline count issues. this was the solution

ryan

no real additions for today. dissasembled the steering shaft u joints and welded the yokes to the shaft. re-installed it all and welded the yoke to the m715 steering column.

gonna have to find a wagoneer or some other FSJ pitman arm now, as the stock one is the wrong sector shaft size, and all of the pitmans we have laying around at the shop are incorrect. i was going to build one but its to easy to find a waggy pitman.
    Ryan

I went to the local scrap yard today and paid dearly for a grand wagoneer pitman arm to get the truck so it could steer itself around the yard again.

on the way home i stopped by a local self employed mechanic fellow who is a friend of the shop. He also happens to be a junk collector. he has a '94 chevy 3500 cab and chassis with a 454/nv4500 in it that i was interested in as a donor for the M715. anyway, his price was fair, but more than i have. just in conversation i told him that i was looking for a hydroboost set up. we poke around in his piles of stuff and found a late 80's chevy hydroboost/master set up. he said i'm sure ill need some welding done sometime so you can just have it.

i was happy. as of thisafternoon the truck can steer itself again(pitman needs reamed, but thats no biggie) and i have a hydroboost to install
    Ryan

Sounds like a win/win deal!

some progress. i got the hydroboost on last week sometime.

i also made a new shifter for the NV4500 since the stock shifter hit the steering wheel in second, and it was uncomfortable to get into first.

just some .875" .120" wall tube and a little time with the lathe to make the stock shifter threads fit the tube and had to make a bolt to fit the top as well

the good news is that i found and bought a round pattern NP205 off of ebay and it should be here next week. it was alot cheaper than the LoMax so i can put some money towards the engine now. LoMax will still happen in the future if i feel like i need more low range.

Ryan

Santa in the big brown truck dropped a 149 pound box for me yesterday...

unfortunately, i am unable to not take anything apart so here it is

Napa has a seal kit on the way to me. i wouldn't have needed to completely dissasemble the case but i wanted to remove as much of the new england that was all over it as i could. plus this gave me the opportunity to gently caress the shift rails so it will shift buttery and smooth. i chased all of the threaded holes tto because i hate gritty threads.

i also have an advance adapters spacer on its way to accomodate the longer input that comes with the round pattern 205s.
    ryan

Default brackets

the brackets in your pics is for your TROOP SEATS