Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: found one

the steering gear is in california at Howe performance being rebuilt and ported. when it comes back it will have a shiny new hydro assist ram with it

ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

finally, after longer than anticipated due to some back ordered parts, its here. now i have a weekend project...

box is back on. made a diff ring tonight to mount the ram

Nice parts, can't wait to see them installed.
    M715 Dreamer.

welded the tabs on the diff ring. also picked up the hydralic lines and the fittings last night. so as soon as i get off the couch, i will go set all that up.

a little weld action

the tabs

ryan

everything is mounted and hooked up. seems to work good, i think i have a bubble to get worked out in the hydro-boost but other than that it is good. i also think that i will end up buying a performance pump. the stocker works ok, but needs throttle to move the tires at a standstill or very slow motion when at idle or just over. street driving is fine.

need to take the clamp off and flip the one side so the halves line up better.

have a box of matching counter sunk bolts on order. i will have to re-goo the diff cover when they come in tomorrow

ryan
    Last edited by ryanroo; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:39 PM.

what size tubing did u use for the cross member under the engine. I'm a rookie at fabbing but I figure its time to learn.

it is 1.75" .120 wall DOM. it was an easy part, two bends in identical in the same plane.

ryan

My truck also is just used for parades and local cruise nights. The truck gets more attention than the 700hp camaro my son and i built. I to only put on maybe 1000 miles per seaon. I say season because it doesn't go out on the salty streets of northern Illinois in the winter. What's really amazing to me is that i"ve never seen the M715 on the street before. My truck has to be the only one of it's kind around here. Have been doing car shows and cruise nights for 30 years or more, and never ever saw a truck like mine. Maybe living in this area has something to do with it. It's a shame if people have to let their trucks go because of costs, but it's also nice to know people out there are still waiting to buy them. Happy Holidays.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Any news on your rear spring project?