Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: found one

Almost forgot, I am going to Bloomfield next Monday. Don't you work around there.

Thanks Guys!

thats lauren in the back, she was getting the ball for the big dog to chase. and the rat thing isnt scary, just an annoying little turd maker

bloomfield is about an hour south of me. i cant say that i envy you in having to go there. will you be around for a while or is it just a quick trip?
    Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

finally took a few pics of the bumper close up and a few of the other new things since the camera last functioned

1350 driveline for the front

funny looking carb

fuel pump that is associated with that wierd carb

where it lives

proof that it likes its new home,, it marked its territory in true chevy powered jeep fashion

i didnt realize how much grease came out of that CV joint and landed all over the crossmember. i am going to have to clean that crap up

ryan

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    i didnt realize how much grease came out of that CV joint and landed all over the crossmember. i am going to have to clean that crap up

ryan
    Funny how flash photography can reveal all the stuff you didn't know was under your vehicle............
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

ryan
    It keeps the rust down, lol!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Great thread Ryan. It motivated me to go take a look at my sole remaining M715 that is stored on some property about 20 miles away.
    I have owned it for about a year and a half and got a surprise when I went over today & checked it out. The Fire Department that had use of the truck prior to me buying it is up in North Georgia (big decal on the hood & door). The Chief of that department was the Ladder Driver at my station, on my shift, when I was an Atlanta Firefighter. I'll be calling him tomorrow to see if the tailgate for my truck is still at the station (I saw a thread here yesterday that suggested checking with the Fire Dept your M715 came from to see if they still had the tailgate). I don't know why it never occured to me that my M715 came from my buddy's Fire Dept, especially since our Captain from back in the day helped me go get the M715. It seems something would have clicked.

funny looking carb

fuel pump that is associated with that wierd carb

That isn't a funny lookin' carb, that's a throttle body fuel injection unit. (BONUS) One of those came stock on my '88 big block chevy P/U and it's probably the only thing I never had to replace. I put three differant motors under it. If you want to upgrade the chip for it I still have the stage two Hypertech for it. (You'll need 93 octane to run it though)

Quote Originally Posted by friedm715 View Post
    Great thread Ryan. It motivated me to go take a look at my sole remaining M715 that is stored on some property about 20 miles away.
    I have owned it for about a year and a half and got a surprise when I went over today & checked it out. The Fire Department that had use of the truck prior to me buying it is up in North Georgia (big decal on the hood & door). The Chief of that department was the Ladder Driver at my station, on my shift, when I was an Atlanta Firefighter. I'll be calling him tomorrow to see if the tailgate for my truck is still at the station (I saw a thread here yesterday that suggested checking with the Fire Dept your M715 came from to see if they still had the tailgate). I don't know why it never occured to me that my M715 came from my buddy's Fire Dept, especially since our Captain from back in the day helped me go get the M715. It seems something would have clicked.
    i hope you get the tailgate chased down. that would be a real score. not to mention i would imagine that it would be in rather decent shape if it was stored all that time

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER68 View Post
    That isn't a funny lookin' carb, that's a throttle body fuel injection unit. (BONUS) One of those came stock on my '88 big block chevy P/U and it's probably the only thing I never had to replace. I put three differant motors under it. If you want to upgrade the chip for it I still have the stage two Hypertech for it. (You'll need 93 octane to run it though)
    i know, i spent a decent amount of time and a little money swapping that in place of the quadrajet

do you have any more information on the hypertech?

ryan