Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: found one

it surely is gratifing, but at times it can be infuriating also. at least if you are stingy like me and refuse to pay top dollar for some stuff that can be had/done for less if you spend your own time doing it.

i am glad that you enjoyed the read. hopefully soon i will have it running and the EFI conversion will be done. at that point i will have a few more interesting things to do.
    Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

well i havent had much to update lately, but i can say with almost 100% positivity that the EFI conversion is done. it finally runs well.

after several weeks/months of not having it run correctly and several stints of being frustrated and walking away for a while, i decided i was trying to make to many mismatched components work together. i had assembled a slew of parts from a few different years, and i wasn't sure that they were working together as i had planned. i was on my way to diagnosing the issues and making everything work when i got frustrated one night and got on CL looking for a different production year TB and found a complete running pullout 87 tbi 454 and th400 out of a K30 about 30 miles from home for 500 bones. since my impulse to collect BBCs hasnt ebbed and this was a good deal for even just a core engine and the TBI parts i had to go get it.

the following saturday we had dissasembled it, inspected the bottom end, resealed and installed new gaskets, pulled the old engine and had the new one in and running. only took 15 hours. finally it runs right.

i have also started fabbing a new bumper for the front, and i would have pics, but the camera is down, so the will have to wait untill i replace the media cord thingy

Good for you, Ryan. I look forward to seeing your truck in August.

front bumper is done. did a little more fiddling with the timing, but everything seems to be great on the EFI front.

i finally got a front driveline. it is a 1350 CV and 1350 u- joint. i had to swap in a new pinion yoke. i locked in the hubs and drove home at 60 MPH. no extra vibes and all seems well. finally i dont feel like a poser anymore
    ryan

Ryan, My name is Morgan Clark and I have been following your thread and I'm jealous of your fab skills. I live south of the boarder from you in Aztec. I have a 68 m715 and would like to get together with you and pick your brain. Give me a call at 505-360-0751.

If you need a new media cord thingy I could mail you one. My wife has a talent for breaking digital cameras, so we have extra cords. I can't wait to see a picture of the front bumper.

so, its been a long time, and we finally got our camera cord. not a bunch has happened that is terribly awesome, except a bunch of seat time. but here is a shot at one of the local reservoirs on the lakebed by the water. and you can see the new bumper, sort of.
    Ryan

Not sure if I've posted in this loong thread. Ryan your build has been captivating. If I were to do another M truck I would probably follow along the lines you have chosen. Very nice. I would love to make the National FE and meet everyone. I'm not planning because I probably won't be able to make it. Nontheless I think about it everyday. Great job and finally closer to finished. They are never DONE.

I love those white spoke wheels, and the old paint. Good job.

Did you jump in the bed to get away from that rat-like thing by the rear tire?