Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: found one

she is going to bring me my tires when she is out to visit in 8 or 9 days
    Does she know how big they are? She's not planning on putting them in the back of her Buick is she?

no, thank god. she and my step dad are bringing their super duty with a slide in camper and trailering their harley and my tires.

so about this time next week i may have pics of it as a mostly finished product. still need the exaust, and i will be working on some of the other stuff i want, such as the cage and OBA. that stuff can be done while still getting to drive it though
    Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

oh, your mom rides a harley. Does she wear army boots too?

What tires did you get?

no army boots for her. her seat on the harley is nicer than alot of recliners i've sat in. perfect for the old couple they are turning into...

they are just some old 39.5-15/16.5 mickey thompson baja's that i bought years ago and never really used. not ideal, but the price is right

Ryan

so, i got the tires to colorado, and mounted on the truck. it looks way better than with the tiny little tires

I used to run that style of Mickeys years ago. Still pretty good all around tires. They make the truck look much better.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Hate the white LOVE the tires!! lol

i agree completely the white will be fixed, but i couldn't wait to paint them i had to see the tires on the rig
    Ryan

Here's what they look like in flat black w/ 35" MTR's om them

I guess i didn't update this like i thought i had. shortly after the tires went on i got my new seats and bolted one in. imediatly took a test drive and found i had horrific death wobble. some research showed that to much caster will cause DW so i made some shims to bring my caster down from around 11.5* to 6. another test drive showed death wobble but with a different trigger. then i decided that the kingpin springs and bushing in the GM60F needed attention and that the problem may live there.

then in my infinite wisdom thought that i should get rid of the springs altogether. now since i am a cheapskate i chose not to take the quick route of ordering some springless caps and figured to make my own. after several hours of mine and my machinist friends life have dissapeared, this is the result.

but after the test drive this afternoon, there is no death wobble. quite a satisfying feeling

ryan