Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

Stepsidedan: I moved the posts about your project ideas to the Modified forum in its own thread. Your topic is interesting enough to justify this move and doing so keeps Ryan's thread free from diversion.
    -- Tim Taylor

forgot my camera, but i made a little progress.

received the advance adapters bellhousing and my u-bolts from Alcan. started to pull the trans on thursday and got stricken down by a case of the stomach flu. had to call in on friday... first time in my professional carreer that i have had to call in sick. but i felt better today and spent a few hours at the shop. got the tranny back in and got the belly pan welded up. thankfully it held its dimension perfectly and was not a problem. so now the truck is ready for me to set the rear pinion angle.

next on the list are driveshafts, rear gears, front axle swap, and wiring. it also looks like i will have to build myself a new fuel tank to keep the driveshaft out of it. not for sure yet
    Ryan

a few pics of the new stuff

bell housing is all shiney and new

clutch fork is where it ought to be. ordered the slave cylinder braket from AA last week. was going to make one, but it was only 24 bucks, so i just hit the Buy It Now button

welded the underbelly and painted it

had to finagle the u bolts to make them work

and as always, support your local brewer

ryan

Looks good. Your motor mounts put the engine lower than mine. That will allow you to put a more substantial air filter than I have.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks Tim

i am glad i went throught the time and effort i did for my engine mount. it has come out very well. for now i will be running a stock style chevy air cleaner, but in the future i have plans to run a can style set up from Unique Meteal Products. we have used them on customers vehicles before, and they are nice units and use commonly available heavy equipment cylinder type filter elements. we put one on the cummins 715 but its odd will the snorkel and all, so i have to figure out a plan for how i am going to do it in my truck. that and find the extra 300 bucks for it when there are more neccesary places to spend that money for now
    Ryan

did some work gusseting the spring hangers tonight.

drivers side

passengers side

put these little tube angles over the bolthead/nut to have something to land on

added some dimension to the outer plates

shot from the front

ryan

I cant cut the metal pieces that well let alone put the thing together....amazing work Ryan!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I've said it once and I'll say it again, you sir, are a professional! Outstanding work!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Looking great, but be very careful with the tack-tack-tack welding style.

thanks Jon, Randy, and Mikel

For what its worth Mikel, i don't stack tacks. that is a continuos (sp?) weld. just a tecnique used to give that stacked look. i am more than confident that something else will fail long before the welds break
    Ryan