Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: found one

some pics of the progess

front hangers

somebody put a spreader plate in the frame right where i wanted to drill a hole...

shackle

set the front clip on the truck to have a look

you can see the 14 bolt in the back. the hubs are off and the backing plates are in the trash to prep for the disk swap

also go a little of this today. first snow all year

ryan

Nice mounts...like the beefyness!

Is that spreader right by the steering box? Look factory or someones mod to maybe reinforce the steering box area?

We had snow early last week...came down, melted instead of sticking...

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Nice mounts...like the beefyness!

Is that spreader right by the steering box? Look factory or someones mod to maybe reinforce the steering box area?

We had snow early last week...came down, melted instead of sticking...
    Thanks

that spreader is just forward of the front cab mount where i hole sawed the bushing tube holes in the frame. not sure of its purpose unless it was to rigidify the frame near the original spring mt.
    ryan

i also forgot to mention that i scored a freebie set of 4.56 gears for the 14bolt, and my boss wants his blazer to be 4.10:1 so we are going to do a front axle swap so i will end up with 4.56:1s. also ordered a set of 2.5 inch springs for the front and those should be coming any day now. the advanced adapters bell housing should ship tomorrow and i shoul have my 14 bolt 1410 yoke in the next few days. pretty soon ill have all the cheap easy stuff and have nothing left but expensive hard stuff left. oh well
    Ryan

Interesting...thats a new one on me!

Looking good Ryan!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Keep the pictures coming, I love following builds like this one. Nice Job.

Thanks Gentelmen

i was not happy with how it looked in the pics i posted above, and thought the axle needed to be moved forward, so now it is an inch forward of the above photos. other than some welding there realy wasn't any noticable changes.

i did receive the 1410 yoke for the 14 bolt. i am also a little worried that i am going to have to make my own fuel tank now also...
    Ryan

Default more pics

got my rancho 2.5 inch springs in yesterday, so naturally i had to put them on. the truck is HUGE. i hope these springs settle in at least an inch. also really glad i pushed the axle forward that extra inch.

some after weld pics of the hangers

the bad boy yoke i got in the mail thursday

the truck as it sits now. i have the back end bumper jacked up sinch i haven't done anything to the rear to gain any height.

the tires and wheels are for a rock buggy we are building so i bolted them on to see what it would look like since they are the same size as the ones i will be using
    Ryan