Thread: Rollcage from MetalFab

Default Rollcage from MetalFab

Found this cage built by metalfusion today. Might be a repost, but figured it was pretty neat. I'm sure it's an arm and a leg, but nice design I guess.

Is this anyone from the 'zone?
    Last edited by Binford; December 15th, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Separated the pics for clarity
    The "Eager Beaver"...

That was Chad Molitors truck...built by him and Travis Hickman...I have ridden in and driven that truck...it is very well put together. Chad sold it some years back...to who, I dont know.

here are a few cage shots. has more tube now then these pictures. the sliders too

You guys do some killer fab work, and I know ur just building a rig for a customer to his specs....but ur really not going to let it roll out of your shop with those rims are you!? lol. Come on, have some stock rims recentered or something, he'll thank you for it in the end, lol.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

its getting beadlocked dc-1s and some different tires. those tires actually belong to a jk we are doing

How are you mounting the rollcage? Do you have any pics of the mounts?

I have a simple 4-point cage planned in the future. I think I have everything figured out except exactly what is the best way to mount it. I've done a bunch of research on other off-roading sites, it seems to be one of those heated topics, "Best way to mount a rollcage". Anyways, just seeing what you guys were doing. Thanks.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

that cage is kind of funny because of the custom frame. the cage ties to the body mount with some sandwhich plates, but its not ever coming out of the truck. the cab is actually being welded to the cage in a few spots. it also runs under the dash, forever locking it in place with the reast of the vehicle. i was not there when all of that happened, and its not exactly the way i would have done it.

personally i wouldn't have made the cage so integrall to the point where it cannot be removed. the best way IMO is to tie to the frame with sandwich plates, and bushings if you want. personally i will most likely go W/O bushings. but like i said i would want it to be removable if possible. since that green one has a custome frame, its a little different, but if you ever needed to replace the cab, you'd kind of be SOL
    ryan