Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey I need it

Default Honey I need it

Just got a 68 m715, 440, 727, with stock axles and detriot lockers front and rear,38.5 swampers, but have a couple of ?s
    turning, has power stering but should I change to a fsj set up on the arms,linkage?
    radiator,will a fsj fit? trany cooler is in the bed I would like to have a in radiator setup
    anything would help
    Im new to the board but have always loved this truck ill try to post some pics later, Thanks!

Nice combo...would love to see pics of the motor and trans ounts sometime as I would like to do almost the same.

Is there a problem with the steering? All that is really needed to convert to power steering is either the GM car box OR the FSJ box and the matching pittman arm. There is an arm available from Leo Porter in Texas that is a little longer and gives a little better turnng radius.

FSJ radiators can be made to fit...you would need the 4 core type...hat the factory did was move the passenger sidecore support over a couple inches...all the trucks have the hole to do this...you need to cut the welds holding the vertical support and move it over and tack it back on. You also need to cut the top panel right in front of the radiator for the new radiator to sit farther forward. If you look at an FSJ with a 4 core in a salvage yard, you will see that the factory cut the front piece with something like an angle grinder and didnt even smooth the edge off...not rocket science.

Is the radiator thats in now the stock one? surely not enough for a big block.

There is a Summit aluminum radiator that has been used in larger cube motors...fits in the stock opening...though I am not sure if it would be enough for a 440...heres a thread:

http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5939

Heres another with pics:

http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3956

Default 440

the radiator is out of a nissan patrol i was told. seems to cool ok but i dont like the trany cooler in the bed, as for turning, give me 40 acers
    my camera has dead batteres but as soon as i can ill send pics, yhe motor looks to be a clean install but im sure you no more of what has been changed from stock
    i gave a grand for it think i did ok

Yeah, you did GREAT! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Welcome aboard!
    -- Tim Taylor

Default pics

took some pics but dont know how to post them here
    help!!!!
    like having a kid aint it

go to open discussion board, the second or third thread will be called The Ultimate in pic-posting help. This thread helped me figure out how to post the pic's and give the thanks to Binford for taking the time to put the thread up for us.
    Twostorms

Yes, the second "Sticky" in the Open forum should give you all the direction you need for posting pics here. Not all that hard, really.

We're standing by!
    -- Tim Taylor

Binford you must be a computer geek, because it took me almost 4 hours to understand what you said. But of course, I am a southern redneck still trying to learn how to type

You mean in that last post? I just learned what a "sticky" was a year or two ago myself.

But if you mean the directions for how to post the pictures, let me know what was confusing and I'll fix it for the next Arkansas native.
    -- Tim Taylor

Just pick up a nice thick 2X4 and whoop him in the hear, that will make him less confused