Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: foodstamp's incredible, never-ending multi-topic thread

Woops, I copied the same link twice, must have been thinking of those paint fumes, this should be the second one:

715 at Labor Day Car Show

thanks jay puppy...ill have to give that a try, your paint looks prety nice. once im done priming, ill get some of the kaki for a base, then try out that soap stone thing...

today i took my permit test......passed, i missed 3 questions out of i think 46
    my signature is sweet huh?

what colors is it, the light brown dark brown and black...theirs one more...

kaiserkoski's truck has the stock paint and its kinda red....is that how all of them were? or is their another color i can use

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    The inside cab would be OD even when the outside has been painted a differen color. The military rarely bothers to repaint the inside of the cab and the factory delivered them in OD.
    I spent about a half an hour looking at new trucks right from the factory at the Armory the other day and 1/3 of the trucks where flat forest green, 1/3 were nato 3 color camo and 1/3 were flat sand. You could see on the sand trucks where they were taped off and shot sand over the OD. Rubber was painted sand, sand paint on the tires, around the lights etc I open the cab door and guess what....Flat Forest Green on the inside! So kwai was right on the money!
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
    kaiserkoski's truck has the stock paint and its kinda red....is that how all of them were? or is their another color i can use
    Kaiserkoski's truck was used in the middle east, was it not? Egypt or such, as I recall. So the color may be completely different from what you'd normally expect to see.

I remember he said he was curious as to what the Arabic writing on his tailgate meant, so he did what makes perfect sense...he took it by a convenience store and asked the clerk! lol.....
    -- Tim Taylor

ya....lol, i rember him telling me that, i think he said it ment shining star....

i know some kid that will probly own a 7 11 one day, and i had him write some eribic for me, cool stuff...

hey, my hood seams kinda floppie, it has the 2 braces that go down the middle, and the ridge in the center, but it seems a little floppie, its still strong, but you know what i mean. is your guys like that too?

A floppy Hood? sounds like a problem. Oh you mean your truck. They are kinda floppy. Don't worry about it if all your hood supports are there and it works. You wouldn't want to climb or walk accross it either.

ya lol...ok i was just wondering, i was sanding it down, and its really floppy kinda on the sides closer to the middle ridge you know what i mean man.

what is the deal, ok im using rustoleum primer, and when i go to sand it, it sorta rubs off, its kinda rubberie, and it cakes up the sandpaper quick and makes a big mess on the truck. its a pain in the turd cutter.

You need sandable primer. And then some primers that aren't that sandable can be sanded, just need to let them cure a few days. I use sandable primer over body repairs or areas of filler. When that spot looks and feels good I use the red oxide over everything. Let the red oxide dry for a few days, sand with 400 grit, blow off and tack rag. Then shoot Gillespie.