Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: foodstamp's incredible, never-ending multi-topic thread

welll, i found a vid for you.....i have a 94, and i want it to sound like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6K-KzFsLu0
    my signature is sweet huh?

Congratulations, foodstamp! Your thread has broken the 100 post mark, and them some. I do believe that is a Zone record!

If you decide you don't want that 6.2, you please be sure to let me know as I might consider picking it up myself, eh?!
    -- Tim Taylor

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by BBM715 View Post
    I'll admit to being old now and that the LOUD exhaust I reveled in at 16 doesn't hold the same appeal but...
    You HAVE to have a nice deep rumble at idle and a healthy tone when the RPM's come up.
    Maybe I am getting older, but I like things quieter now. Usable power means more to me......

Arrow 6.2 turbo

When I put the 6.2 in mine, I also added a turbo. Made a big difference in power. It also sounded great with a 3" straight pipe which wasn't harsh or too loud since the turbo dampens the exhaust a bit. I was running some well balanced 44" tires which actually made for a smooth ride at a good road speed. The 6.2's have a shorter stroke then the 6.5's and will handle the higher rpm much better. Longevity with the 6.2/6.5 family varies. Some people have crankshaft problems right from the beginning, and others put on 200-300k miles without a problem. I suspect if you get a good running engine with over 150+k, the chances of it running a long time more are pretty good.

By the way, I kept the turbo when I sold the truck, so if anyone is interested, they can PM me and I will let you know the details. I don't mean to hijack this thread to sell something.

ya, im interested....was it easy to install.....my shop teacher let me snag his old exhast from 2 of his ford that i can hack up and make something cool out of, its 3" and alot of bends so i can go around stuff...i told my friend to offer that farmer 150 for that motor...i havent got a reply back yet, but if i show up with money in pocket ill bet he'll take it

ill pm you about that turbo

Rollie, I'll be meeting up with you eventually to pick up the hard top for the Chalkman and can help with anything foodstamp gets from you too. Just so youse guys know....

Not this trip, but in a couple months probably.
    -- Tim Taylor

binford. your the man!

did some body work, no more rust on the door. had to cut it out and weld in some plate...still needs some more bondo......i dont think it looks too bad for being the first time with body work.

need more sand paper though

took some pics....i had to spray some quick paint incase it rains....ok, im using rustolium primer, it seems like it dosent cure hard. i sprayed it last night or later and it still feels kinda rubberie, is it from the mosture right now, should i give it some time or is their something wrong happining?

Last edited by foodstamp; October 16th, 2007 at 12:13 AM.

i have a question.....what paint would be sweet?

ive been thinking desert camo

or straight green with the stars?

i want to do camo, but i dont know if i can acually paint that, since i dont have the amagination to do that, and probly end up copying someone elses...

but what do you guys think?

There is a standard pattern for the camo. Doesn't take any imagination.

ok, so it should be some what easy....whare can you get one of these patterns?