I've been looking for a tailgate close by with no real luck. Because I can fabricate just about anything, I thought I could make one. I really want the Jeep logo on the back cause not to many people believe the large truck is a Jeep or even know about them. I've read where you can use a J truck's gate and patch it into one just to get the JEEP stamping.

First thought was to cut the letters out of a thin sheet with a CNC plasma and weld them onto a plate. Then use a filler to get the round stamped look. Hours of sanding etc.

Has anyone tried forming the stamping? I thought I might try a thin sheet with some letters cut from wood or a CNC plasma cut letter from metal. Then torch the thin sheet over the mold. I know it will potatoe chip or curl and warp, but I thought I might be able to flatten it and keep it that way with a backing plate and the tailgate frame. I'm not a blacksmith, so I have no real experience with heat forming except for our stock wheel flares, and bending tubing with sand and a torch.