Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top speed with a small block chevy?

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman425 View Post
    That is pretty much what I am thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any way, "SPEED KILLS"
    I heard the new speed limit in Tx has gone up to 85mph. I think I'll take the speed of 45mph in a tank then a tin can doing 85mph.....I take that back aluminum can.......

Not really on the new speed limit. A House bill proposes that on specific roads in specific areas, it can be raised. Think middle of nowhere that has no people.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I've found a 715 actually handles surprisingly well at speed... It handles at lot nicer at 70 than my f-150 did!

We need more texas politicians here in california... they keep lowering speed limits here, not raising them. And every time they do, accidents go UP, not down. So they use the increased accidents to say it's obvious the speed limit is still too high, and needs to be lowered again. We're now down to 50mph on the local 4-lane flat, open freeway. Accidents have gone up 22%. Now they want to make it even worse. Of course, revenue from speeding tickets has gone up dramatically, but that couldn't possibly have anything to do with it...

--Randy

Of Course not Randy come on you don't really think all those politians are greedy do you? That would be insain..... And I agree lower speeds = higher risk on open road think of it like a combination of tunnel vision and being to relaxed and not as alert. If your doing 80 your more alert to dangers and pay more attention or at least you should be. If not your a statistic and in some cases need to be removed from the gene pool, but then again I am a bit cynical when it comes to that kinda thing.