I have seen this posted so many times, and maybe I just don't get it. So correct me if Im wrong, but isn't the heat in the t-case caused from running the truck so fast with the stock axle ratios, and wouldnt a np205 have the same thing happen? Or, if the rear output shaft was switched to a straight through type set up, would this problem would go away, and there for, the problem doesn't happen to the np-205 because of the rear output? I have not yet driven my truck this fast, or I would have figured this all out. Much of this is just thinking out loud, but Im guessing its both the high rpms and the off set rear of the np-200 that is causing the high heat or cooking of the lube. So, off the top of my head, wouldnt the 205 and the 200 then be almost identical if I was to change the out put to a straight through?
I guess I could look up both, in my books, if I could get to them, but they are in my garage and Im in the house. Oh, and my back wont allow me to make that trip. When I step wrong, I get PAIN