Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wing window glass gaskets

Default Wing window glass gaskets

I need new ones. Mine have shrunk leaving good sized gaps in the corners. and have UV cracking damage. I have searched and found threads that mention finding the entire wing assembly, glass, frame and all. I did not find anything so far online. Does anyone know of a source for the new ones? And or does anyone know of a glass bedding gasket that fits our frames? I have had a look at a Fairchild catalog and see lots of gaskets. Until I measure exactly I won't know if the only one I saw that resembled the OEM gasket will work. Looking for a solution. I will keep looking at Metro, Fairchild, etc... When I had my first truck, parts seemed easy to source. No so anymore..

EDIT: A solution from Restoration Specialties was found. See page 3 for part numbers.
    Last edited by Kaiserjeeps; January 5th, 2023 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    I need new ones. Mine have shrunk leaving good sized gaps in the corners. and have UV cracking damage. I have searched and found threads that mention finding the entire wing assembly, glass, frame and all. I did not find anything so far online. Does anyone know of a source for the new ones? And or does anyone know of a glass bedding gasket that fits our frames? I have had a look at a Fairchild catalog and see lots of gaskets. Until I measure exactly I won't know if the only one I saw that resembled the OEM gasket will work. Looking for a solution. I will keep looking at Metro, Fairchild, etc... When I had my first truck, parts seemed easy to source. No so anymore..
    Seems like the supply of surplus NOS parts for our M715s have dried up. I remember being able to see lots of parts on Ebay 10 years ago that you don't see anymore.

I’d be interested in this as well. Possibly some sort of sealer in the cracks? BTW, i’ve got several good wing glasses if anybody needs one.

Yes for sure... When I had my first truck I had no real issues finding things I needed to make it complete and stunning.. at least to me. And totally stock and original. Now when stuff shows up it is priced pretty outrageous if it even shows up for purchase. I was pretty sad about what happened to 30945. One of the reasons I am glad to be doing a restomod of sorts. I get to build it the way I want to. And one of the big issues now is the internet is no longer fun to explore. I used to be able to find anything. The wagoneer I restored had parts from Istanbul, Cyprus, UK, Switzerland, etc... Now all you get on a parts search are two pages of links to amazon ads. A selling venue full of professionally done counterfeits 75% of the time. And no amazon sellers don't have any NOS stuff despite their claims. The internet has been ruined. I will keep looking for the wing windows and the gaskets in the aftermarket. It will take some time to see if there is something that may work. And I wish I had the time to build the molds for casting them myself. Using flexane, a casting rubber that you can get in two different hardness compounds. I made wagoneer tailgate bumpers using that stuff. Thanks for the replies.. I will post something if I find it.

Check out Restoration Specialties. You can download their catalog in PDF format. Page 38 may have what you're looking for.

Ah I forgot about Restoration specialties. The LC36 with possible trimming is the closest thing yet. Or the 944830 with the lip on the outside looks good also. I have yet to go measure the glass frame. I have been plowing and shoveling snow for several days now. I am done and hope to have a look tomorrow. Thank you for that MightyMike. I looked at the entire catalog.

So Far rubber seals, glass setting channels, etc..
    Restoration specialties
    Metro Moulded parts
    Trim Lok
    Fairchild

Any more to have a look at?

Steele Rubber Products

Ah yes.. Steele... Thank you. So I pulled a wing window. But could not get the screws out to remove the glass. I will start soaking them or it is break them and drill and retap them. I will do that later. The inside width of the gasket channel is 13/16ths. The depth is 1/2 an inch. These are my notes on a coffee filter. I was out of scratch paper and the house was too far away. There is a lot of variance in measurements from shrinking and all the years gone by.

I think it was Restoration Specialties that mentioned the ability to make gaskets for a reasonable costs. I may contact them and at least ask. I will still do some searching. I have not had time to devote to finding another car makers gasket just yet. I am spending a lot of time in the plow truck this year. 32 inches of snow already. More coming too.

More snow next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post

I think it was Restoration Specialties that mentioned the ability to make gaskets for a reasonable costs. I may contact them and at least ask.
    If it helps with a volume discount, I need a full set of window seals. Ask if it's worth doing a group buy. I'm sure a bunch of people need sets.
    Last edited by Eric Thompson; December 21st, 2022 at 12:29 PM.