Well I decided what I'm doing with my 715. After looking it over and starting to cut some of the extoskeleton off of it and realizing they welded it to the fenders, I'm building a custom. Now, do these have the gas tanks loctaed in the same spot as a Jtruck? The PO rigged a tank in the bed and that's gotta go. What have you guys done for heat? No heat in this truck, unacceptable. Will CJ switches,gauges and knobs worh for me? Someone already did the 12 volt conversion. Where the hell did the turn signal lever go, if it had one. I could swap in a Grand Wagoneer column. I have two complete GW's already disassembled and have wiring, heater boxes and what not to make this all work. Also, is there a fuse block? There are no fuses in this truck. I'm thinking about swapping in a GW harness especially since I'll be putting in an AMC 360. What about the front axle, keep the closed knuckle or look for an open knuckle. Already has the factory lockers in it, verified.
Suspension, since no one makes a lift for these, I guess a Jtruck lift will not bolt in. Ben looking around for disc brake conversions, I think all I found is for open knuckle axles. Who makes the one piece wheels for these trucks. I ahve a good knowledge of the civvy J trucks and Grand Waggies, but clueless on these. Also, will civvy window parts work? My doors are gutted, also need to figure out how to modify civvy vent windows to work on these. Is there a frame on top of door window? My priority is to get windows in this truck so if any one has pix that would help. I have 2 sets of civvy doors to hack apart and try all this. Sorry so long but a ton of questions I need answered. Thank you.