Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Window Frame Photos?

I'll take a measurement of the bars and the window frame stubs and post them up.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    I'll take a measurement of the bars and the window frame stubs and post them up.
    Thank you.

My hoops have to be in another hidyhole in my garage, I didn’t see them. The stubs on my window frames are super close to 4” on the closest to the front window and 4 3/8” on the furthest from the front window. Sorry about the soft top bows. I can look again if someone doesn’t post up. My truck has a fire department hard top and I can’t guarantee they didn’t cut up those hoops on the inside. I took those measurements from my soft top set I have.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    My hoops have to be in another hidyhole in my garage, I didn’t see them. The stubs on my window frames are super close to 4” on the closest to the front window and 4 3/8” on the furthest from the front window. Sorry about the soft top bows. I can look again if someone doesn’t post up. My truck has a fire department hard top and I can’t guarantee they didn’t cut up those hoops on the inside. I took those measurements from my soft top set I have.
    Thank you for checking. Good to onow the stubs are the same. Let’s see if anyone comes up with som measurements.

I measured mine in situ by using paracord pulled tight across the bottom the hoop legs and measured the height with a tape measure from top edge and middle of the bow to the paracord. Both hoops were way to high according to the measurements shown on the link elsewhere. The legs were too long and the angle of the legs are slightly out. Apparently the should be 13 degrees from vertical, mine measure 10 degrees. So if they were 13 the hoops would be too wide.

From this I think that hoops I have are not original and have been made by eye rather than having measurements to go off. It would still be good to have a second set of measurements just to confirm those that we already have.

Thanks again,

Simon J.