Ok, so I was finally able to get the fuel tank mounted in the truck! I had to clearance some of the cross members as well as weld in some spacers so I could sneak the fuel module in and tuck the tank up as high as possible. The downside is the bed is now a touch weaker. But the upside is that the tank doesn't drop below the frame much and the fuel module is ~1/8" away from the bottom of the bed!

just snuck it in there

After getting that sorted, I changed gears to install my new 12V gauges. I decided to do that before rebuilding the rear axle because I clearly have my priorities straight... plus they're shiny!

Original

I used Stewart Warner gauges for the ancillaries and an Autometer GPS speedometer. I had to paint the chrome bezel on the speedo but other than that, it was all plug and play.

One of the Stewart Warner gauges did have a mounting post pull out after I accidentally over-torqued it...

I tried to solder it back on but I think I need to use epoxy.

Next, I guess I do the rear axle while I avoid the rest of the wiring... Or I'll muscle up and do the wires. The axle sounds good. haha