Thread: Seat base replacement.

Default Seat base replacement.

I've had my 715 for a couple of months now. Feels like I have been pouring money into it. I didn't really feel like buying(not sure if I can even find them) new seat bases. So I tore apart an old mattress and put some together. Next I have to figure out how to sew.

That's not bad at all. Great ingenuity. You could get away with some foam from the craft shop, and a ebay vendor is selling just the seat bottom covers.

See the link to see how I did mine. (I did use Surplus City in CA seat kits, but you can see what's in there if you want to try to duplicate the foam)

Stock seat project

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Nice wright up! I might use the pics to try to recreate the covers and foam. I'm not going for a complete restore, just doing things that make sence and are cheap. I'm also converting an f-150 center console to go where the battery box was. I moved my battery into the drivers side fender.

Do a search for upholstery seat foam on the interweb and you will find more than you can handle and at super cheap prices. Don't be afraid to stack up thin pieces and glue them together with upholstery trim adhesive. Make to bigger than you need then grab your wife's electric steak knife and cut it to your desired shape. Ps don't tell her what your using it for she'll be ed !

Lol, thanks for the tip. I'll post some pics when I'm done with the seats and console.

Default Seats are done, now working on the jump seat.

Finished covering the seats. Not crazy about the color, but my wife wanted to surprise me. I didn't have the heart to tell her. I'll post more pics when the jump seat is done.