I just changed my 715 from a 350 (which it had come with) to a 427 TD. During the swap I had some help from members that came to me over PM's or e-mail and I wanted to list some of it here to help someone else.

The motor came with a truck oil pan. I had to swap this out to a car 4 quart oil pan (Summit Racing part number SUM-G3510X) in order for it to clear the pumpkin. This gave me plenty of room from the bottom of the motor to the axle while able to use the stock motor mount horns.
I got GM motor mounts from my local parts store that were made to fit a 1970 Chevy truck with a V-8. This is not model specific as apparenty all GM vehicles with a V-8 from '65-'72 used the same motor mounts. They fit the block perfect and with a little grinding on the motor mounts to make them flat, they fit the stock frame horns in the lower set of bolt slots. They fit the horns in such a way as to be more or less self-centering and thus level the motor almost automatically. They cost me $15.21 for 2 mounts.

The only real problem with using these motor mounts on the stock frame horns, with the stock frame horns in the stock locations is that you have to dimple the fire wall. This shows it better:
(Passenger side needs more dimpling)

(driver's side)

This gives you plenty of room to run a fan in front of the motor.

I mated my motor (botht eh 350 and this 427) to an SM465 that is mated to an NP205. This combination is really cheap and plentiful. It's worked fine for me and I've had no complaints with the tranny of the transfer case. I had to fabricate a mount for them, but it was a simple straight-forward job. The clutch linkage on an SBC can use the pivot stud cast into the block, but I just fabricated my own linkage in a stand-alone manner that is basically just the linkage set in a bracket that is welded onto the frame. Pretty easy and stout. (if you want pics of my linkage, e-mail me and I'll take some).

Hope this helps someone.
-B.