Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW michelin 9.00r16's

Smile NEW michelin 9.00r16's

if any one wants to know where to get new michelin 9.00r16's or 255/100r16's please let me know.I am working on something that might work out for ALL of us.

I am definatley interested. What do you have?

Default XZL's Possibly??

I'm listening....

I'd like to see if I could fit a set of those XZL's under my F-350, somehow.

I think there would be a lot of interest. My only concern would be the date on the tires, if they are too old, they could be prone to weather-cracking earlier than a 'newer' dated tire. As far as I know, they don't currently make them in this size...
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I was thinking the same thing. All of the Michelins I've seen are around 11.00X16's in the XL's or XZL's. That's approximately 39". 9.00X16 is the size of the stock NDT's and they are around 33".
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I always thought the 9.00-R16 XZL tires were sized more like the 36" height found in 9.00-R16 Power King tires. I think the Michelin tires would be a nice tire on the F350, but it would also require a lift for clearance and I'm not too crazy about modifying the stock springs. If they are 33", I might be able to work with that height without modification.

900x16 tires should be 34". And since they are a heavy duty military tire they will last longer than civy tires would.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    ...since they are a heavy duty military tire they will last longer than civy tires would.
    Exactly! I can deal with a rougher ride, if I can keep a set of tires on the work truck for longer than 1.5 to 2 years. I tried to look up the OD on a 900x16 XZL, but wasn't able to find a spec sheet online. I thought they were 36", so I gave up on the idea to use them on the F350.

Am I also not correct on the OD of the 900x16 Power King tires? They look taller than the stock 34" NDT's, and I've always thought they were 36".

Here is the web site with the specs:

http://www.militarytires.com/
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw