Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another 4bt build

Well, I've finally managed to get some work done with the help of my buddy Joe. Since I've been home we have been able to finish cleaning the frame, got the old plow mounts off/fishplated where they were. Then POR-15 treated the entire frame. I mounted new front and rear brakes. Fronts are 86 ford f350 dual piston. Rears are from the front of an 03 chevy avalanche and are also dual piston. All new equipment with new pads the works. Steering up front is a ballistic kit and so far we have made the tierod? but are waiting on a steering box to make the draglink. I have driveshafts being made that should be ready by monday. So next on the list is to install my new slave and clean the trans/engine once more/paint them. Followed by getting the cab back on and starting rust repair on that/brakes/linkages. As of now she is sitting at 30 inches to the bottom of the frame. Lowest point is the diffs at 14 inches. Then everything else is atleast 30 inches up.

-Steve

Looking good!

Nice work!

looks nice. that thing is going to be tall. my truck is almost 24 inches tot he frame with 39.5s and it is pretty tall.

can't wait to see it making black smoke.

ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Welcome aboard! I will second the statement, Very nice work. Its looking great. I have a question for you It appears that the new tires are 38x11Rx16, what rim width did you go with?

Default mmm

Hey everyone, thanks for the compliments on the truck's progress. I'm out of town working for the next week so my only internet access is through my phone.

About wheel size though, I basically took what I could get, paid twenty a wheel mounting/balancing included. I regret to say that I never measured the width, if I had to guess though I would say 9 inches? I can measure on sunday because I'm stopping by to grab some tools. I will say though that they are Ford brand wheels.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get some body mount bushings for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
    -Steve

Some progress has been made since I last posted.....

Basically, we got the steering done, running a power box from Mikel. The cab is in place. Brakes will be done tomorow, 4 wheel power discs dual piston all around. We had driveshafts made that are in the truck. The cab is on as well as the front clip and the bed will likely be on before the weekend is over. I have been doing rust repair as time permits.

But next on the chopping block is mount fuel tank, just need grade 8 hardware I didn't have today.

Mount intercooler (ordered not arrived yet)

Mount radiator

Hookup gauges

New rockers

Mount Bed

Wire....ouch

Finish running fuel lines

Exhaust

Mount seats

Then paint and install extras, airhorns, lights, winch, stereo.

Here are some pics as she site now.

And the fuel tank mount, 1/4inch strong enough?
    Running a 16 gallon summit cell for now because I liked the price and size for mounting under cab but centered.

For size, we're both 6'1" and 6'2"

Keep up the good work. My truck is 29" to the bottom of the frame rails on 42" tires.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Hey..... it's been what a month since I updated this thread.... definitely my bad on that one... good news though is that I have been getting some work done.

Since I last updated, we installed the bed, intercooler and radiator as well as did some troubleshooting.

Here's a pic or two to start off with how she sits now.

BTW the pics are no good because it was a downpour earlier when I drove the truck home without top or windshield wipers hooked up......

For wiring, I ended up re doing everything in the truck, so there are no stock wires on this rig and everything is siliconed and wrapped or in a waterproof case. For now I have two marine battery cases and a waterproof box for my fuse panel.

Also note the nice new seats I got from Mikel.

Furthermore, it's all 12V now so all the bulbs in my blackout and turns/brakes were replaced. I also got some halogen headlights that combined with my 4 hellas really do a good job of lighting up the road.

Here are some interior shots of my new gauges too, I still need a pyro and boost gauge but those will come later.