Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another 4bt build

Are you planning on adding a 366 spring (allows motor to turn 3200 rpms)? Its not the peak rpms that are important, it raises the rpms where the motor will begin to defuel. Its a cheap part and well worth the short amount of time it take to put in.

Also noticed the V pulley..... are you going to run a vacuum pump? If not you can run a york off of hte pulley for OBA.

Looks great..... look forward to the next installment.

What?? A 4BT conversion in Connecticut! I'm in New Haven.

Are you the person I gave my 230 to?

Quote Originally Posted by tndonor View Post
    Are you planning on adding a 366 spring (allows motor to turn 3200 rpms)? Its not the peak rpms that are important, it raises the rpms where the motor will begin to defuel. Its a cheap part and well worth the short amount of time it take to put in.

Also noticed the V pulley..... are you going to run a vacuum pump? If not you can run a york off of hte pulley for OBA.

Looks great..... look forward to the next installment.
    Hadn't really planned on the spring, but I should probably throw one in there while I have it out, I have one on my big truck just forgot about it.

As far as the vac pump, I have a 6bt vac/power steering combo box setup that I'll run on the back off the front case so OBA does sound like a very tempting idea, I like where your heads at

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    What?? A 4BT conversion in Connecticut! I'm in New Haven.

Are you the person I gave my 230 to?
    Not the person you gave it to, but cool to see you're in New Haven, we'll have to meet up some time.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Burritoboi5 View Post
    Not the person you gave it to, but cool to see you're in New Haven, we'll have to meet up some time.

-Steve
    Hello Steve,
    I gave my 230 to a fellow CT M715 owner with the same name (I think), six years ago. Never heard from him again.

Where are you? Feel free to stop by anytime. I'll take you for a ride in my 4BT-powered J300.

Mikel

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Hello Steve,
    I gave my 230 to a fellow CT M715 owner with the same name (I think), six years ago. Never heard from him again.

Where are you? Feel free to stop by anytime. I'll take you for a ride in my 4BT-powered J300.

Mikel
    Yeah, I am out in PA for the next three weeks but after that I would love to go for a ride and see what the 4bt can really do. I'm located down near danbury so not far from you.

-Steve

Just a quick update. My tires came this past wednesday. Also, sold one of my 5 speeds and t-cases and got some cash as well as a chevy 2wd steering box that has supposedly been rebuilt. Hoping to start working on her this friday if everything goes as planned. Pics to come once I get wrenching.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Burritoboi5 View Post
    Just a quick update. My tires came this past wednesday. Also, sold one of my 5 speeds and t-cases and got some cash as well as a chevy 2wd steering box that has supposedly been rebuilt. Hoping to start working on her this friday if everything goes as planned. Pics to come once I get wrenching.

-Steve
    iu are planning on using the chevy steering box on the m715, i think you will be dissapointed. if it is indeed of of a truck then it will not work for the m715. you will need a box that was designed for the inside of the framerail not the outside.

looks like i sweet project, and i am looking forward to more updates. BTW i can pm you an address to send that welder to if you want to get rid of it.
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

Mikel,

That was me you gave that 230 to, wow its been six years. I moved out to AZ after I graduated college a few years ago. My M715 came with, its 350 powered now. I gave sold my engine to another zone memeber in Mass and gave him your block and all sorts of random other pieces probably in 2006.

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by HUMMER103 View Post
    Mikel,

That was me you gave that 230 to, wow its been six years. I moved out to AZ after I graduated college a few years ago. My M715 came with, its 350 powered now. I gave sold my engine to another zone memeber in Mass and gave him your block and all sorts of random other pieces probably in 2006.

-Scott
    Yes, it's been a while! Got any pictures of your truck?