Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My Build

I got another NP 205 from a fellow Zoner loose cannon who took a lot of my old parts off my hands and helped me get my truck stripped down. I will be swapping the guts from this 205 into my 205 since mine is the round bolt pattern. That will give me a fixed yoke.

All of my body mounts pretty much have seen better days so I went to a local machine shop and had them cut me some new mounts all 1 inch thick out of nylon to give me an even platform to mount everything on. I found that Tractor Supply is a great place for nuts and bolts. They do everything by the bound and saves a lot of money over ACE Hardware. I replace a lot of my bolts with Grade 8 hardware.

I just ordered a pair of EMPI low back suspension seats.

Lookin' good.

I placed a rather large order with Jegs today for my wiring harness, ignition switch, headlight, and brake light switch. All painless products. I can't wait until October when I have 2 weeks back in the states to start getting this thing together.

I just found out yesterday that the contractor I work for in Afghanistan lost its entire contract for the whole country to a competing company. We here haven't really heard any news on how long the whole process will take until the new contracting company takes over. In the meantime my project is going to be put on hold until I know if I have a job long term. Most likely we will get offered jobs with the new company since its easier for them to hire people already here. Plus Airport Firefighters are hard to come by with the training and certs the Military requres us to have so we should all be safe, they can't replace us firefighters with cheap labor from Thailand like they can with the other jobs like the chow hall and laundry workers.

Man that sucks! I am looking at a similar deal here at work. I am in the process of transfering depts though. If that doesn't pan out, serverance and Obama will take care of me. (I know, obama is already "taking care" of our country.)
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyrobb View Post
    Man that sucks! I am looking at a similar deal here at work. I am in the process of transfering depts though. If that doesn't pan out, serverance and Obama will take care of me. (I know, obama is already "taking care" of our country.)
    I was doing a little search and Obama actually did something good, he passed a bill for all new defense contractors must offer everyone already in place a job. Now I just have to worry about the pay. I am sure its not going to be as nice as what I make now and I hear the company that is taking over doesn't have the same amount of R&R's. Now I get 2 weeks every 4 months. Rumor has it the new company has 10 days every 6 months. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

I am about to be heading home again early next month. I will have about 5 days home to get some stuff done with the truck. I want to get the seats mounted and the painless harness in but I am going to be hurting for time. I have to go to Tucson and San Antonio for 4 days each. I am also going to try and get a mock up motor set inplace so I can measure for drive shafts and place that order. I will post more pictures of all my progress

you amaze me and make me feel like a slacker. How you manage to build your truck while over there and I cant seem to find time for mine ..... its right outside.

Gotta give you props

Thanks, when I am home I pretty much have all day to work on the truck since all my friends and family work. I am also lucky enough to have a nice full service shop with unlimited access to parts. My father is a manager at a very large car quest with a full machine shop.