Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My Build

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk715 View Post
    And I thought it was just me with the Truck Avenger carb--I'm about ready to smash it with the dozer It doesnt seem to want to idle no matter how you set it.
    Nope it ain't you man. And I'll tell you another thing, if you have a lopey cam in that 383, the vacuum secondaries are a to get to kick in as well. I took it to a couple of Holley experts and they told me to throw it away and get a 4130. Ultimately I want to get mine running with a good Q-Jet, but it probably ain't gonna be this year. By comparison the edlebrock was super easy, has good cold weather manners, and works well for the street, but they bring the suck off-road.

Shaun just left with a set of Rocks. Man those things are heavy. That and with the PM I just did on my M35a2, I am growing a dislike for them.

I hope you have a safe trip home.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I just got home with my Rockwells, 14 hours round trip. I cant wait to get those under my truck. Thanks Gimp.

Just caught up on the thread. Glad to see you made it home safe! Sucks about the trans, glad you have a line on a new housing. Keep posting pics, we love 'em.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I have been very busy with the truck on this vacation. I have put about 8 to 12 hours a day in the shop. I have it down to a bare frame sitting on the rockwells right now. Finshes the shackle flip in the rear and got one spring torn apart, cleaned up, and repainted. I messed up when I ordered my U-bolts for the axles and only ordered 4 so I need to go to a local spring shop in the morning and have them make me 4 more for the rear axle then I am going to put the box and cab back on and start hooking up the stearing, gauges, and whatever else I have stashed away to go on it. I will post some pictures in the next day or two.

Tomorrow I have to clean up the other leaf spring and get that on then I am going to get the bed and cab back together and make it look like a truck again.

I need to figure out my back spacing for my wheels to so I can get those ordered.

I am back over in Afghanistan trying to earn some more money for my truck. I am ditching the 383 small block motor. I am joining the BBC club, I got my hands on a 454 4 bolt block so we are building a 505 stroker that should make plenty of torque to turn my big heavy tires. I have a few more pictures that I will post tomorrow.

Has all the makings of an awesome truck..
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by spirard30 View Post
    I am back over in Afghanistan trying to earn some more money for my truck. I am ditching the 383 small block motor. I am joining the BBC club, I got my hands on a 454 4 bolt block so we are building a 505 stroker that should make plenty of torque to turn my big heavy tires. I have a few more pictures that I will post tomorrow.
    Best decision EVER. BBC for life.

ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

a few more pictures.

here are my Cobalt AutoMeter gauges

heres a poser pic with the XL's

Everything back together waiting on a motor

Back view