Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My Build

Quote Originally Posted by spirard30 View Post
    I got the combo for 300 and I found it only about 70 miles away on craigs list.
    you lucky dog. i paid that for the transfer case alone, and mine was 2500 miles away. that is a good deal

Ryan
    67 #18820 mostly stock...

I got it all in black primer now.

my block was hot tanked and cleaned up today ready to get line honed and bored.

Looks like you're off to a great start!
    I did a lot of the same types of things on my truck. The advice I would give you is to scrap the truck avenger carb. I tried one on my 383, and is just never worked right.

I'm running a 750 CFM edelbrock now (just cause it was easy), but in your case I would recommend taking a look at a built quadrajet...

I had a little mishap with my transmission and transfer case when I was driving my truck back to storage. When I was painting the tailgate and chains I left them just hanging there to dry. The next day I took off down the road and forgot to latch them. Well as I was pulling out on the main road the tailgate came down and the T400 and NP205 fell out of the back of the truck. Broke the houseing of the 400 and the tail shaft of the 205. Not to big of a deal since I am rebuilding the 400 and already found a new case to put the internals in and I needed to convert the slip yoke on the TC to an SYE. I was just glad that there wasn't any traffic behind me and I had time to get everything out of the road. I also went back with some oil dry to clean up the tranny fluid on the road.

Man I dont miss those long trips back and forth from Iraq through Doha etc. I hope they streamlined the process for you. WELCOME HOME.
    As far as driveway paint jobs, I've been painting cars/trucks for 24 years and some of my best have been in driveways or lawns. Time of day (bugs) where the lights are setup (bugs like lights). Luckily you're dealing with flat finish here.
    I typically us urethane paints due to the ease and dry times.
    It'll look great.

Smile

Man with All those new parts ready to go in, AND that girlfriend, I'd be AWOL! Take care. (I don't miss those flights either, you're in the air so long, ya think ya should've been a bird).

Not to get off topic, but the process of getting to and from Iraq was rediculous.Then the 13 hr flight to the states.
    I remember flying to Camp Doha from Bagdad. That was the relay point. I was there for a day before my flight out. I went to the PX they had there for some shaving stuff and got reamed for having my M9 and my leg holster. "There are no weapons allowed here!!!"
    HUH??? They all wore combat patches, but no weapons were allowed. Go figure. THEN getting in the states and having to take my combat boots off for the TSA!

I hated going back and forth when I was in the military. Now that I am a contractor I have done the trip about 20 times in the past 4 years and we fly commerical the whole way so its much easier and faster, but that nonstop flight from Dubai to DC is about 15 hours and it takes a toll on your body.

And I thought it was just me with the Truck Avenger carb--I'm about ready to smash it with the dozer It doesnt seem to want to idle no matter how you set it.

Default build

hey - good looking truck! dont slack up bringing trucks home- girl friends that like trucks make great wives! i traded an oil change for a chevy van that ran on propane- took the bottle off my wifes bbq & hooked it up & it ran perfect! drove up in the yard , honked the horn & told my wife to put her bikini on & we were going to the beach! we never made it to the beach, she dont have a bikini. i spent three years in afghanistan, mac flights suck! happy easter!
    andy