Thread: Major WW2 tank find!

Default Major WW2 tank find!

67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

That's awsome! It's great to hear about finds like that.

Now it's to bad the find wasn't something like 16 PZKPFW MK VI's instead of Stuarts...
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

no kidding - even a batch of Tigers or Panthers.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

This was linked from the Stuart sotry, and I found it a littlemore interesting:

May 7, 1915, a quiet day that became one of the most important for the US in World War I. The Lusitania, a passenger ship carrying nearly 1,200 people, 128 of whom were American citizens, was sailing along the coast of Ireland, when a German torpedo struck in the side.

A second explosion from somewhere within the ship’s bowels rocked the giant ocean liner as passengers scrambled into lifeboats. In less then 20 minutes she had gone under, and with her, 1,119 of the people who had occupied her decks.

It was the provocation that was needed for the US to join the British in their battle against Germany. The ferocity of what was perceived to be a senseless act propelled the nation into World War I.

Recently, however, a group of amateur divers may have clarified a bit of the story. According to the group who have been diving the wreck site, the Germans may have been right to assume the Lusitania was holding more then just people. Nearly half of the cargo on board is said to have been of secret munitions that were being transported to the UK, in an attempt to aid the British in their war effort.

So far, four million rounds of .303 rifle ammunition has been found on board. Gregg Bemis, the American businessman who owns the rights to the remains and is holding the excavation, thinks it’s unlikely that that will be all that’s found.
    I guess everyone assumed at this point that the Lusitania was toting arms, but it is interesting to see it finally confirmed.

Zach

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    This was linked from the Stuart sotry, and I found it a littlemore interesting:

I guess everyone assumed at this point that the Lusitania was toting arms, but it is interesting to see it finally confirmed.

Zach
    Yeah, I never beleived the whole coal dust story on that one.......Besides, if Woodrow Wilson had anything to do with it, it was carrying a lot of illicit stuff.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Remember that the first casualty of war is truth !! Both my Grandpa's fought in that war. On hated Germans for the rest of his life and the other came a way believing that there should be one world government.
    Last edited by Tarbush 8; January 3rd, 2009 at 12:50 AM.