Thread: Looking for stock spark plug source

Default Looking for stock spark plug source

Got an email where a guy is looking for 1 stock spark plug...he knows the 2344 is old and gone but I said the 2407 will work...he replied:

I have tried contacting Jegs, Advance, Autozone, Napa, O’Reilly, Autolite website, vintage power wagons, and some company from California who is now out of business.

All I’m really looking for is one spark plug. A 2344.
    Or better yet six 2407’s.

Anybody know a source for these?
    I will pass the info on...so please post here...thanks!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Memphis has them, $19.50 EA, ouch...

I just purchased 2 packages of 4 plugs. Autolite 2407. From combatediesel.com.br . Total cost $ 31.98. They apparently sell anything, clothing shoes etc. I will post back when they arrive. Hopefully legit. Scott

To avoid problems, which plug number is the one that is the longer one? The short one is what our trucks use. You can use the longer ones but they are a pain to install and almost bang into each other.

Don, I believe the 2407 Autolite is the shorter plug, and also is a hotter plug. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Ct View Post
    Don, I believe the 2407 Autolite is the shorter plug, and also is a hotter plug. Scott
    My ignition "stuff" is on the shelf and somewhat buried. I will try to find out which one is the correct one. I have both.

The 2407 is the proper shorter plug. I know that because I wrote the big long post about it here on the zone, Autolite 2407 have we been running the wrong plugs all along?
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thank you my friend I’ll call them tomorrow.

I got a reply that the plugs have been found...at a price...

I finally found my spark plugs. They are the original Autolite, resistor, #2344. I would like to have gotten the 2407’s but no one‘s got them. Memphis equipment just got the 2344’s in. Almost 5000 of them. They’re $19.50 each. Quite pricey but to me it’s worth the investment.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!